Here are the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer you are looking for please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
Do you have an office in Marrakech?
No, our office is in the Atlas Mountains, but we can easily meet you anywhere in Marrakech.
What sort of Experience do your guides have?
All of our guides are certified by the Centre de Formation aux Metiers de Montagne in Morocco. They are all drawn from the local population and they all speak English, French, Spanish and German.
What is the duration of the treks that you can organize?
The treks are between a day and a month, although if you work with us, we can develop anything in-between.
How difficult are your treks?
Please see the grade indicated in our itineraries. If you have any other questions, contact Mohamed and Brahim.
What do you have to bring?
A basic list would include sleeping bags, walking boots, waterproofs, fleece, warm and light clothes, sun cream, sun glasses, hat, camera, first aid kit, sleeping clothes and head torch. This list not exhaustive though: you should think carefully about you may need on your trek.
What is included in the price?
- Transfer from Marrakech at the start and transfer to Marrakech at the end of the trek (to be agreed during the reservation time).
- Accommodation on the trek. This is usually in tents, occasionally in Berber houses or a refuge (depending on the trek chosen and season).
- All meals during the course of the trek. Meals are freshly prepared and are typical Moroccan dishes (i.e. tagine, soup, couscous etc.). Tea and coffee are included with all meals.
- The services of a qualified experienced English, French or Spanish-speaking mountain guide.
- Mules, muleteers and a cook. The mules carry your heavy luggage (a rucksack or holdall is recommended). You only need carry a day pack.
What is not included in the price?
- Accommodation in Marrakech.
- Travel insurance.
- Bottled or mineral water during the trek.
- Ski equipment, crampons or ice axes.
- Medical or accident insurance.
- Personal gear such as sleeping bags and walking boots.
Do you arrange Marrakech accommodation and airport transfers?
If you enquire about it, then yes, we do, as we work closely with more then 15 riads and hotels in Marrakech. Airport transfer can also be arranged.
Do you pick us up from where we are staying in Marrakech?
All our drivers know Marrakech well and Morocco in general like the back of their hand, so we can pick you up from where ever you are staying.
What accommodation is there during the trek?
That will depend on season, itinerary and what the clients would like. We use tents, local houses and mountain refuges usually.
Can I change the trek? How can I do it?
Yes the trek can be changed if you enquire about it, or if the weather condition requires the trekking route to be altered for safety reasons. To change the trek, you need to speak to Brahim or Mohamed.
How about the Price/Payment?
The price quoted is per person and we quote in Euros (€), but you can pay in Sterling (£)/ US Dollars ($)/ Moroccan Dirham.
How can I book my trek with you?
To book the trek you need to secure your booking by sending a deposit of 20% of the Total price to our bank account or Western union:
Name : Toudaoui Mohamed
Bank account : 011 450 0000 01 200 00 29890 27
IBAN : MA64011450000001200002989027
SWIFT/BIC code : BMCEMAMC
The address of the bank is : BMCE Bank - Marrakech Medina - Rue Moulay Ismail-Marrakech, Maroc
You can also pay us by Western Union to the following address:
Name : Toudaoui Mohamed
Adress : Douar Ait Souka-Imlil
BP37-Asni 42152 Marrakech-Morocco
Do you have Insurance?
Every client must have his own Travel Insurance , BUT all our clients are regisered under the Inssurance of Responsibility civil of Our Company ( Mountain Travel Morocco ) Registered under Those Details with Minister of Tourism :::: Licence N° 20P/11 RC : 43295 Patente N°: 46419015 IF: 06524777
Is the deposit refundable ?
If is last minute cancelation the clients has to pay 100% and of course the deposit is not refundable. 15 day before the trek or tour start : the deposit is refundable .